Connect with your Smartphone
Car Toys offers solutions to help you seamlessly connect your Android Smartphone to your vehicle!
Good: Basic, Entry-Level Option
Wired FM Radio Connections:
This device also plugs into the smartphone's headphone jack for playback through an FM frequency on your dashboard radio, but it doesn't need to be an open frequency. Because the device is hardwired into your radio.
Vehicle-specific or Universal Aux-Input Connections:
The beauty behind this option goes beyond a higher quality sound you get from a direct connection (via aux input) to your existing factory radio, but it's also ideal if you want to integrate other devices such as an iPhone, tablet, or other media device.
Better: Bluetooth audio streaming
Connect your Smartphone to your Stereo without Wires:
If your car stereo deck supports Bluetooth audio (A2DP), you can connect your Android phone to your car stereo wirelessly. Start by pairing your stereo with your phone through Bluetooth settings on both. Follow the prompts on both devices to complete the pairing. If you’re asked for a PIN, 0000 usually does the trick. You’ll only have to pair your devices once, and you should be able to use both your audio streaming and hands-free calling services. You’ll have some dash-board control, but no song title or album art in the display. Keep any eye on your battery, Bluetooth streaming tends to eat up the power. Having a phone car charger on hand while streaming bluetooth audiois always a great way to keep your battery full.
If the stereo deck doesn’t support Bluetooth audio streaming, all is not lost. You can attach a Bluetooth accessory to an aux input cable that does.
Best: USB Connection
Vehicle Specific Direct Smartphone Control
Connecting your Android Smartphone to your car stereo via USB cable (USB to port cable) means an all-digital pathway for your tunes and the best possible sound quality access and control. Start by locating your car stereo’s USB (or have your Car Toys install expert find it) and plug in the mini-USB sync cable that came with your phone. Plug the other end into your phone’s USB port then pull down the USB icon that will appear in your notification bar. Follow the prompts to mount your SD card, and you should be good to go. You might have to select USB as a source on your stereo, if your deck hasn’t already done so. You’ll have full dash-board control and your USB connection also charges your phone.
- Pioneer AVH-4201NEX 7" DVD Receiver w/ CarPlay, Android Auto....was $849.99 $699.99
- Pioneer AVIC-7201NEX 7" Navigation Receiver with CarPlay, An....was $1399.99 Special Price $899.96
- Sony XAV-AX200SXM 6.4" DVD Receiver with CarPlay, Android Au....was $499.99 Special Price $449.99
- iSimple ISFM2351 Tranzit Blu HF Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitterwas $149.99 Special Price $99.96
- JVC KW-M730BT 6.8" Digital Media Receiver with CarPlay and A....was $549.95 Special Price $479.96
- USA Spec BT45-TOY Bluetooth Phone & Music Interfacewas $229.99 Special Price $199.96
- USA Spec BT45-NIS Bluetooth Music & Phone Interface For Nissa....was $229.99 $199.99
- iSimple ISBT38 Call Cassette with Bluetoothwas $39.95 $31.95
- isimple ISMJ38 CallCassette$19.99
- USA Spec BT45-INFI Bluetooth Music & Phone Interface For Infi....was $249.99 Special Price $199.96