Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
JL Audio M800/8v2 800 watt 8 Channel Class D Full Range Marine Amplifier
- 8 Channels, Multiple Configuration Options
- Full Range Class D
- Differential-Balanced Inputs
- Advanced Rollback Protection
JL Audio M800/8v2
800 watt 8 Channel Class D Full Range Marine Amplifier
This incredibly flexible amplifier packs a serious full-range punch and delivers a staggering 100 watts to each of its eight channels into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD). The breakthrough that makes this much power possible in such a small chassis is our NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design, which allows for full bandwidth Class D operation with extremely low distortion and outstanding efficiency.
The M800/8v2 includes a 12 dB / octave filter for each channel bank, which can be configured as a low-pass or high-pass filter and offers continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz. The M800/8v2 also features the v2 Spec feature set, which consists of automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing), and a dual-range differential-balanced input section able to handle a wide range of input voltage levels. With the addition of an HD-RLC remote level control (sold separately), you have the ability to control the level of two, four, or all eight of the amplifier's channel levels from the driver's seat.
Use it in one of many useful configurations:
- Eight-channel Satellite Amp: drive four pairs of speakers with 75 W x 8
- Six-Channel System Amp: drive front and rear satellites with 75 W x 4 @ 4Ω, plus two 4Ω subwoofers with 200 W each
- Staggered Six-Channel Satellite Amp: drive two speakers with 200 W x 2 @ 4Ω, plus four 4Ω speakers with 75 W each
- Big Four-Channel Satellite Amp: bridge to produce 200W x 4 @ 4Ω
- Four-Channel System Amp: drive left and right speakers with 200W x 2 @ 4Ω, plus two 4Ω subwoofers with 200W each
This marine amplifier features white and gray powder-coat finishes, a gasketed cover for the controls and stainless steel hardware for durability in the marine environment.
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V
- @ 4 Ω 75 W RMS x 8
- @ 2 Ω 100 W RMS x 8
- Bridged @ 4Ω 200 W RMS x 4
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V
- @ 4 Ω 60 W RMS x 8
- @ 2 Ω 90 W RMS x 8
- Bridged @ 4Ω 180 W RMS x 4
- Frequency Response 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power >104 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W >84 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω >150 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω >75 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power Less Than 1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs Switchable from 200 mV - 2 V RMS (Low) to 800 mV - 8 V RMS (High)
- Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating 80 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Filter Mode(s) Low-Pass or High-Pass
- Filter Slope(s) 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range 50 Hz - 500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers Yes
- Filter Defeat Function Yes
- Remote Level Control Optional (HD-RLC)
- Remote Level Modes 2 or 4 or All Channels
- Channel Input Mode Switch Yes (2/4/6/8 ch.)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output None
- Source Channel Selection for PreOuts N/A
- Height (H) 2.05 in / 52 mm
- Width (W) 14.73 in / 374 mm
- Depth (D) 7.09 in / 180 mm
NexD™ Switching Technology
NexD™ amplifier technologies produce exceptional audio quality, unsurpassed total efficiency and high power from very compact amplifier designs.
Advanced Rollback Protection
JL Audio's exclusive Advanced Rollback Protection circuit monitors the amplifier's thermal condition and adjusts amplifier operation to eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events.
An enhanced set of features added to XD and M-Series amplifiers that bear the "v2" designation make these models more versatile than ever.
JL Audio’s Differential-Balanced Inputs are engineered to combat induced cable noise, which is a common problem in car and marine audio installations. This technology allows for the use of conventional RCA cables, while delivering many of the benefits of a true balanced connection and accepting a wide range of input signal levels.
|Product Name||JL Audio M800/8v2 800 watt 8 Channel Class D Full Range Marine Amplifier|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||2 Year Limited Manufacture's Warranty|
|Manufacture's Warranty 2||30 Day Defect Return|
|Amplifier Channels||8 Channel|
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||75 watt x 8|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 watt x 8|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 watt x 4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2 Ohm|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4 Ohm|
|Signal to Noise Ratio @ Rated Power||104dB|
|Amplifier Class||Class D|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||49Hz - 483Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||49Hz - 483Hz|
Review the California Proposition 65 warning