Sony MEX-XB100BT 160 Watt CD Receiver with Bluetooth
- 160 watt RMS
- Built-in Bluetooth
- SiriusXM Ready
100 Watt Hi-Power CD Receiver with Digital Amp and Bluetooth
160 Watts1 of Full-featured in-car entertainment
Take drive-time seriously with a full-featured, 160W1 Sony head unit. Setup and control the system with the SongPal™ app via your phone or tablet. Take control with Siri® Eyes Free for iOS devices3. Make calls or stream music with Bluetooth® technology2. Expand your listening experience Via Pandora® internet radio4 support and SiriusXM™ connectivity7, or USB6.
Do more with Siri® Eyes Free
Control your Siri-compatible iPhone® without even taking it out of your pocket with Siri® Eyes Free. Press the volume knob to activate Siri and the voice commands to: make calls, navigate, set reminders and much more. Siri Eyes Free can even read out text messages and allow you to safely respond without ever having to touch your phone.
Rock on down the road with 40W x 41 built-in amp
Take the concert on the road with a built-in 4-channel class-D amplifier that delivers 40 watts of power1 per channel-approximately twice that of other head units and comparable to the power output of an external amplifier. A compact and space-saving design also allows the receiver to be no larger than a standard single-DIN head unit.
Wireless streaming with Bluetooth®
easily pair you smartphone or tablet using NFC (Near Field Communication technology) and wirelessly stream your favorite music tracks and apps, controlling volume, playlists, making calls and more right from your head unit.
MEGA BASS® for enhanced low-end sound
Press the front and center MEGA BASS® button and give your favorite tunes a bass boost. Utilizing Digital Signal Processing technology, MEGA BASS® can efficiently enhance low frequency tones to deliver full-bodied, resonant bass that adds real depth to your audio.
Match your dash with Dynamic Color illuminator
Add a dash of color to your music with up to 35,000 colors. Using the Sound Synchronization function, and depending upon the tempo and volume of your music, the lighting will pulse in time with the beat. With dual color illumination, you can also enjoy amazing effects by setting display and button colors independently.
Advanced Sound Engine for powerful sound
The Advanced Sound Engine enables you to make real-time adjustments including Listener Position Calibration, High-Pass and Low-Pass filters and Rear Bass Enhancer that let you create the perfect, customized sound for the moment.
USB6 plug and play
Plug-in your Android™, iOS, or other USB6 device for instant playback through your head unit. With 1.5 Amp maximum output, you can connect and charge even the largest smartphones.
Fine tune sound with a 10-band digital equalizer
With a digital equalizer, you are free to fine-tune your music experience to suit your mood. Choose from 10 presets including: R&B, rock, pop, dance, hip-hop, electronica, jazz, soul, and country.
Pandora® Internet Radio Control
Pandora® internet radio gives people the music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. Enjoy complete access to your Pandora account using your iPhone®, Android™ or Blackberry® phones4.
SiriusXM™ Satellite radio ready
SiriusXM™ connectivity7 simplifies satellite radio installation by eliminating compatibility issues and providing direct connection to the latest platform of tuners.
Intuitive music search
Quick-BrowZer® provides quick and easy music access. Search by artist, album, genre, song or playlist to quickly find the song for the mood or moment. Use Jump Mode to fast forward through a category in 10% increments to help you find a specific song.
Versatile, front USB 1-wire input
Connect control & charge your Walkman®, iPod®3, iPhone®, Android™, Blackberry®, or other compatible USB device2 while accessing your digital music files via the front USB input. You can also view metadata like song title and artist on the front display. The front USB port provides up to 1 amp maximum output for charging your portable devices6.
5-Volt RCA outputs for system expansion
When you’re ready to expand your system, the receiver features 2- volt RCA pre-amp outputs for external front, rear and subwoofer amplifiers. An adjustable subwoofer level control also lets you dial in the bass when you’re ready to pump it up.
Digital Clarity Tuner
Enjoy industry leading radio reception and performance. With RDS functionality the unit displays broadcast information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
Steering wheel control ready input
Compatible with aftermarket remote control adapters10 including many Japanese makes, this head unit can interface with existing, primary radio controls directly from the steering wheel. A 1/8” rear panel mounted remote input jack allows for simple connectivity.
Convenient control panel design
An easy-to-read LCD display shows source and call information, clock, station ID and track data during playback of digital files from CD, streaming audio or external USB devices. A front auxiliary input lets you connect almost any portable audio device to your car's sound system.
Hands Free with noise cancelling
The included external hands-free microphone and integrated echo and noise cancelling circuitry assure your conversations are clear.
- Speaker Impedance : 4-8 Ohms
- Power Ad Hoc : CEA2006 Standard Power: 40 Watts RMS per channel into 4 Ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 1% THD+N.
- Max power output : 100 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Preout Voltage : 5 volt
- Preout Impedance : 220 ohms
- Wow and Flutter : Below measurable limit
- S/N Ratio : Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Equalizer : EQ10: 10 band EQ with +/- 6 dB adjustment at 32 Hz, 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2000 Hz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz and 16 kHz.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB) : CD: 120 dB
- Frequency Response : CD: 10-20,000 Hz
- Audio Format(s) Supported : MP3/WMA/WAV/AAC/FLAC files1
- Station Preset(s) : 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tuner Type : Digital Clarity Tuner with RDS
- Band : AM / FM
- Tuner Frequency Range : FM: Tuner Frequency Range(MHz): 87.5-107.9
- AM: Tuner Frequency Range(kHz): 530-1710
- Sound Mode : DSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine); Clear Audio+; MEGA BASS
Bluetooth Feature & Device BT Spec
- Version : Bluetooth Version 3.0
Bluetooth Feature & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Meta Data Indication : Yes
- PAUSE : Yes
- Audio Codec : SBC, AAC
- Audio Level Adjustment : Yes (-6dB to +6dB)
- TRACK +/- : Yes
- CUE/REV : Yes
Bluetooth Feature & Device Bluetooth Feature
- Phonebook Access via PBAP : Yes
- Call history browse with PBAP : Yes (Combined Call)
- Connection Status (maximum #) : (1) HFP/PBAP and (1) Audio
- # of records connected : 9 (HFP+Audio)
- Call history (# of) : 20 numbers via PBAP
- Speed dial : 6x1=6 memories
- Last dialed call : Yes
- Ring volume level control : Yes
- Call Volume Level Control : Yes
- MIC GAIN Adjustment : Low/Mid/Hi
- RF ON/OFF : Yes
- Internal ringtone : 1 (2014 Sony Mobile Ringtone)
- Echo/Noise Canceler : Mode 1 or 2
- Ring alert select : Internal/Cellular
- External microphone : Supplied
Bluetooth Feature & Device Other Features
- Device Name : MEX-XB100BT
- Network Carrier Information : Yes
- SongPal (Android) : Yes
- Auto-paring for iOS devices : Yes
- SongPal (iOS) : Yes
- Pandora Link (BT) : Yes
Bluetooth Feature & Device Profile
- PBAP : Yes
- AVRCP : Version1.5
- MAP : Yes
- HID : Yes
- A2DP : Version1.3
- HFP : Version1.6
- SPP : Yes
- CD : CD, CD-R/RW
- Tilt Range : 0-45° mounting angle
- CD Text Display : CD/MP3/WMA data displayed
- Dimmer Adjust : Selectable Auto adjust or manual on/off
- On-Screen Clock : 12H
- Key Illumination : 2-Zone, Variable color illumination
- Display Technology : LCD
- Text Lines : 2 lines of information
- Text Displayed : Source, artist, track, playback time, menu, clock, Pandora® and Bluetooth® data
- Display Color : Black / Variable Color
Feature & Device AUX in Feature
- Level Adjustment : -8dB / +18dB
Feature & Device Amp & General
- Subwoofer Direct Connection : Yes
- Pre Out : (3) Front, Rear and Sub
- Output Power (4ohm, 1kHz,16V)(W) : 100 watts x 4
- Sub Out : Direct Connect with Level and Phase adjust
- High Voltage Pre Out : 5 Volt
- USB : Front, 1.5A output
- Aux-In : Front, with Level adjust
- Time Alignment Preset : Yes
- Rear Bass Enhancer : Yes
- Time Alignment Custom : Adjustable
- EQ : EQ10: 10 band EQ with +/- 6 dB adjustment at 32 Hz, 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2000 Hz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz and 16 kHz.
- High Pass Filter : Selectable on/off at: 50, 60, 80, 100 or 120 Hz.
- Low Pass Filter : Selectable on/off at: 50, 60, 80, 100 or 120 Hz.
- Sirius/XM Connector : Yes
- Automatic Level Optimizer : Yes
Feature & Device Display Panel
- Auto off mode : Yes
- Key Illumination Initial : 2-Zone, Variable with Sound and Color Synchronization
- Dimmer Adjust : Auto
Feature & Device Other Features
- CD lock mode : Yes
- Rotary commander ( ):Option : Yes
- Card Remote ( ): Option : RM-X231 included
- Detachable Panel : Detachable face
- Clock : 12H
Feature & Device Panel Design
- Key Illumination : 2-Zone Variable (rainbow)
- Display color (Color Variation/Nega or Posi) : Black color/Negative
- Display Device (LCD/FL/OEL/TFT) : LCD
- Panel finish color : Black
- USB Shutter : Yes
Feature & Device Tuner Feature
- RDS/EON (NA Only:RBDS, Others:RDS) : Yes
- Preset : FM 18 / AM 12
Inputs and Outputs
- USB Port(s) : Front
- Remote Jack : Optional wired remote terminal
- 12V Trigger Output(s) : Power remote on
- RCA Audio Output(s) : Front, Rear, and Subwoofer RCA pre-amp outputs
- Infrared Port : Wireless remote
- Antenna Terminal(s) : AM/FM Antenna Input Terminal
- Audio In : Front: AUX input
- Front: USB inputs
- Rear: SiriusXM Input
Specifications chart General
- Weight (kg) : 1.3
- Mounting dimensions (WxHxD)(mm) : 182x53x160
- Dimensions (WxHxD) (mm) : 178x50x178
- CEA2006 S/N : 80
- CEA2006 output power : 17
- Maximum output power (4ohm, 1kHz, 16V)(W) : 55
- Preout output level (V) : 5
- Preout impedance (ohms) : 220
Specifications chart Tuner
- MW: Tuning range(kHz) : 530-1710
- FM: Tuning range (MHz) : 87.5-107.9
- FM: Channel separation (dB) : 50 dB at 1 kHz
- FM: Selectivity (400 kHz) (dB) : 75 dB
- FM: S/N ratio (mono) (dB) : 73 dB (mono)
- FM: Intermediate frequency (MHz) : 25 KHz
- FM: Usable sensitivity (75 ohm) (dBf) : 8 dBf
- FM: Frequency response (Hz) : 20 - 15k
- MW/LW/SW: Sensitivity (75 ohm) MW/LW/SW(uV) : 26/-/-
USB Feature & Device USB Mass
- Jump Mode : Yes
- Pause : Yes
- Repeat : OFF/ TRACK/ ALBUM
- Shuffle : OFF/ALBUM/DEVICE
- List Browsing (Folders/Files) : Yes
- ZAPPIN : Yes
- Resume Play : Yes
- CODEC (for USB) : MP3, WMA, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC
USB Feature & Device USB-capable
- USB Mass Storage Device : Yes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 178 x 50 x 178 mm, 7.125 x 2 x 7.125 inch (w/h/d)
- Weight (Approx.) : 1.3 kg (2 lb. 13 oz.)
- Dimensions (Approx) Width : 7.125" (178 mm)
- Dimensions (Approx) Height : 2" (50 mm)
- Dimensions (Approx) Depth : 7.125" (178 mm)
- Frequency Band : 2.4 GHz band (2.400 - 2.4835 GHz)
- Modulation Method : FHSS
- Maximum Range : Line of sight approx. 10M (33ft)
- Compatible Bluetooth® Profiles : A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile v1.3)
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile v1.5)
- HFP (Handsfree Profile v1.6)
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Output : Bluetooth Standard Power Class2 (Max. +4 dBm)
- Wireless Connectivity : Bluetooth Standard version 3.0
- NFC : Yes
iPod Direct Connectivity iPod Control Feature
- Resume Play : Yes
- Pause : Yes
- Shuffle : Album, Artist, Playlist, Genre, Podcast, Device
- Repeat : Track, Album, Artist, Playlist, Genre, Podcast
- Accessory Information : Yes
- Passenger Control : Yes
- ZAPPIN : Yes
- CODEC (for iPod) : Depend on iPod® content
- List Browsing (Folders / Files) : Quick-BrowZer®
1. Rated Power: CEA2006 Standard Power Output: 40 Watts RMS × 4 at 4 Ohms < 1% THD+N SN Ratio: 80 dBA (reference: 1 Watt into 4 Ohms).
2. Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth devices vary.
3. Voice activation compatible with iPhone 4S or later using latest iOS version and Bluetooth.
4. Not all files may playback due to file variations. Copyright protected ACC-LC files not supported.
5. Voice activation compatible with iPhone/iPod with iOs5 or later installed and using Bluetooth.
6. Not all USB devices are compatible. Consult www.esupport.sony.com for complete details.
7. Requires tuner and subscription, sold separately.
8. Requires download of free Song PAL App app for iPhone from the App Store or for Android from Google Play. Subject to app terms and conditions. SongPal does not support iPhone 3G, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod classic and iPod nano.
9. Compatible with Android or Blackberry smartphones supporting Mass Storage Class (MSC) devices, users required to manually select MSC/USB connection in smartphone menu for proper functionality.
10. Compatibility varies as not all vehicles are compatible; please consult with each interface manufacturer for details.
|Product Name||Sony MEX-XB100BT 160 Watt CD Receiver with Bluetooth|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Manufacture's Warranty|
|Manufacture's Warranty 2||N/A|
|AUX Input (3.5mm)||Front|
|RMS Power Output (Watts)||40|
|Peak Output (Watts)||100|
|Preamp Outputs||5 Channel|
|Preamp Voltage||5 Volts|
|Display Color||Video LCD|
|Key Button Color||Variable|