JL Audio MBT-CRX Bluetooth Audio Controller / Receiver
- Bluetooth Music Streaming Receiver/Controller
- Output Voltage 2 volts RMS
- Bluetooth v4.0 and the aptX codec
JL Audio MBT-CRX
Bluetooth Audio Controller / Receiver
Designed for marine and powersports applications, the MBT-CRX Bluetooth® Controller/Receiver delivers your favorite music from a Bluetooth® equipped device directly to your audio system.
With an IPX6 water resistance rating, the MBT-CRX is ideal for small watercraft, motorcycles, ATV’s or other utility vehicles. Add Bluetooth® connectivity to any source unit with line-level/auxiliary inputs or connect directly to an amplifier and use it as a stand-alone source unit/receiver. Large LED backlit push-button controls are easy-to-see and easy-to-use, day or night. A small footprint and clever, one-hole design makes installation a breeze. An adaptor plate is also included for easy front mounting or where rear access is limited or not possible.
Equipped with Bluetooth® v4.0 and the aptX codec, the MBT-CRX sends top-quality audio and performance from compatible devices to deliver dynamic, CD-like sound without any cables. With a wireless connection range of up to 35 ft., you can conveniently control the connected audio without returning to your Bluetooth® device. This means your device can stay safely tucked-away from the elements.
When you’re ready to set sail or tackle your next adventure, great sound is waiting for you with the MBT-CRX Bluetooth® Audio Controller/Receiver.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by JL Audio is under license.
* The aptX® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by CSR and any use of such marks by JL Audio is under license.
- Bluetooth® Core Specification Version 4.0 with aptX®
- Current Draw 48 mA (at idle) / 64 mA (at full output)
- Input Operating Voltage 8 - 28 VDC
- Fuse Rating 2A Mini ATC
- Output Voltage 2V RMS
- Frequency Response 20 Hz - 18 kHz (±1dB)
- S/N Ratio 93 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Connection Range* Up to 35 ft / 11 m
- Remote Turn-on Output Capacity 350 mA (max)
- Bluetooth® Profile A2DP (High-Quality, Stereo Audio)
- Outputs One Stereo Pair, Low-Level RCA Plugs
*Maximum range is achieved in line-of-sight installations. Actual range will vary based on installation specifics.
- Width (W) 2.15 in / 55 mm
- Mounting Depth (A) 2.36 in / 60 mm
- Height (H) 2.15 in / 55 mm
- Depth (D) 0.74 in / 19 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter 1.125 in / 29 mm (minimum diameter for mounting with rear of panel access) 1.875 in / 48 mm (maximum for front mounting with plate)
Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Secure and convenient wireless connectivity across a wide range of electronic device platforms.
Inspired by the Danish King, Harald Bluetooth, who unified Denmark and Norway in the 10th century, Bluetooth® wireless technology is used throughout the world today, enabling billions of electronic devices to connect wirelessly. With its uniform specification structure, low power consumption and ease of use, a wide range of Bluetooth® equipped devices are securely connected to each other (a process known as "pairing"), affording them seamless communication and data transfer.
Bluetooth® is the global standard for wirelessly connecting electronic devices.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by JL Audio is under license.
aptX® Audio Coding Technology
Bluetooth® streaming audio can now get closer than ever before to CD-quality sound, when using an aptX® enabled streaming device.
Originally developed in the 1980's at Queen's University Belfast, the aptX® coding algorithm has been the secret weapon of the professional audio and film industries because of its ability to deliver CD-like quality audio over low-power Bluetooth® wireless connections.
When sound waves are transmitted over Bluetooth® as digital audio, they are first compressed to reduce their size using a coding method called "SBC", which stands for Low Complexity Sub Band Coding. the compression process takes a series of snapshots of the audio at specific moments in time known as "samples" and, with enough samples, a Bluetooth® receiver can convert them back into a full sound wave.
Since Bluetooth® is limited by a maximum available bandwidth and because SBC was designed to use as little processing power as possible, some of the data is discarded using a process called "psychoacoustic modeling". Psychoacoustic modeling removes portions of data that theoretically cannot be heard to reduce file size. The result is less than accurate audio reproduction.
To overcome the low-power constraints of SBC and the bandwidth limits of Bluetooth® audio, the patented aptX® coding algorithm applies a different approach at bit rate reduction. By using a method of "time domain ADPCM" to encode the audio, aptX® uses fewer bits per sample, so the files are smaller and arrive transparently and intact. The result is full bandwidth audio reproduction that requires less energy and size for transmitting.
* The aptX® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by CSR, and any use of such marks by JL Audio is under license.
|Manufacturer's Warranty||2 Year Manufacture's Warranty|
|Manufacture's Warranty 2||N/A|