JL Audio PPJLLED Marine LED Speaker and Subwoofer Package
- JL Audio PPJLLED Package Includes:
- (1) MX650-CCX 6.5" Marine Coaxial Speakers
- (1) MX10IB3 10" Marine Subwoofer
JL Audio PPJLLED
Marine LED Speaker and Subwoofer Package Includes:
(1) JL Audio MX650-CCX-SG-WLD-B
MX Series Oversized 6.5" Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use-White Sport Grills with Blue LED Illumination
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, MX-Series coaxial systems deliver excellent performance at a more affordable price than our maximum-performance M-Series models.
The MX650-CCX 6.5-inch coaxial speaker is designed around the standard marine 6.5-inch speaker format and features a wide mounting flange with a six hole mounting pattern.
The long excursion woofer design and excellent power handling make your music come through loud and clear at speed, or at anchor. The woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance.
A 0.75-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics.
Integrated into the Sport Grille’s frame, the internal LED lighting assembly was meticulously designed to uniformly illuminate the woofer’s cone area with a lively blue glow, adding a dramatic visual experience to your high seas journey.
Although MX650-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-100 W of continuous power per channel.
Sold as a pair.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 60 W
- Peak Music Power 225 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.) 20 - 125 W
- System Efficiency 89.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 55 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- Frame Outer Diameter (A) 6.90 in / 175 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (B) 6.125 in / 155.5 mm
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter (C) 3.85 in / 98 mm
- Frontal Grille Protrusion* (D) 0.973 in / 25 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (E) 5.00 - 5.25 in / 127 - 133 mm
- Mounting Depth (F) 2.74 in / 69.5 m
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Precision Built in U.S.A.
JL Audio's Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the most advanced in the world.
At a time when most audio products are built overseas, JL Audio’s commitment to in-house loudspeaker production continues to grow. All W7’s, W6’s, TW5’s, TW3's, TW1's, W3v3’s and some of our ZR products. We also build our Marine Speaker Systems, Home Subwoofers, Stealthbox® products and the vast majority of our enclosed subwoofer systems in Florida.
To pull this off in a competitive world market, our production engineering team has created one of the world’s most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities. This commitment to state-of-the-art technology allows our highly skilled workforce to efficiently build JL Audio products to extremely high quality standards.
While it is also feasible to build good quality products overseas (and we do build some of our products in Europe and Asia), it can be challenging when the product’s technology is innovative or complex. Since most of our premium loudspeakers incorporate proprietary, patented technologies requiring specific assembly techniques, we prefer that the people who design them have close access to the people manufacturing them.
(1) JL Audio MX10IB3-SG-WLD-B
10-inch Marine Subwoofer Driver White Sport Grille with Blue LED
MX-Series 10-inch Marine Subwoofer Driver for Infinite-Baffle Use (175 W, 4 Ω) - White Sport Grille with Blue LED Illumination
With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels. Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the MX-Series infinite-baffle subwoofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure and are targeted towards moderate power applications. Integrated into the Sport Grille’s frame, the internal LED lighting assembly was meticulously designed to uniformly illuminate the woofer’s cone area with a lively blue glow, adding a dramatic visual experience to your high seas journey. The MX10IB3 is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 175W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 56.6 l). If you need a subwoofer driver that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M10W5, instead. Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 175 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom) 4 Ω
- Nominal Diameter 10.0 in / 250 mm
- Overall Diameter (A) 10.75 in / 273 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 8.875 in / 225 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (C) 9.706 in / 247 mm
- Motor Outer Diameter (D) 5.29 in / 134 mm
- Mounting Depth (E) 5.12 in / 130 mm
- Driver Displacement 0.04 cu ft / 1.13 L
- Net Weight 6.5 lb / 2.94 kg
- Free Air Resonance (Fs) 41.84 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes) 0.806
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms) 11.751
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts) 0.754
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 1.29 cu ft / 36.53 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)* 0.42 in / 11 mm
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)** 87.23 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd) 50.68 sq in / 0.0327 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re) 3.957 Ω
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.
Infinite Baffle Use Yes (preferred)
Min. Sealed Enclosure Volume 2.0 cu ft / 56.6 L (or larger)
Optimum Sealed Enclosure Volume 2.5 cu ft / 70.8 L
|Product Name||JL Audio PPJLLED Marine LED Speaker and Subwoofer Package|
|Manufacture's Warranty 2||N/A|