Alpine S-S57 5x7 Inch Coaxial Speaker Set
- Silk Dome Tweeter
- CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic) Cone
- Wide Frequency Response
5x7 Inch Coaxial Speaker Set
The Versatile Speaker Upgrade With Incredible Sound Tech
The new S-Series Speakers have been newly designed with upgrades to voice coil size and cone material to provide great sound quality. Several speaker sizes are available including a new 6x9-inch component set for a variety of applications. The S-Series speakers are the new benchmark for entry OEM upgrades.
- Incredible sound quality
- Perfect for an OEM upgrade with many sizes to choose from to suit almost any vehicle
- Now available in a 6x9-inch component set, perfect for newer trucks and SUVs
- Larger voice coil and new CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic) cone
- Now with Alpine’s patented HAMR (High Amplitude Multi-Roll) Surround, allowing for large amounts of linear air movement
- 1-inch silk dome tweeter (3/4-inch silk dome tweeter on the S-S40 speaker)
- Grilles available for 6x9-inch, 6.5-inch, and 5.25-inch models (grilles sold separately)
- S-Series speakers deliver the winning combination of incredible sound and value within an entry-level category.
Increased Driving Power and Control
The S-Series speakers have a large voice coil. The 6.5-inch and 6x9-inch models have a 35-mm voice coil, and this large voice coil size increases their driving power and control of the motor. The S-Series speakers are the first in the industry to use a material called CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic), a very lightweight yet rigid material. On a standard, off-the-shelf oval cone, the edges are naturally weaker than the center due to the elongated shape. Since the CFRP material is directional, it can be manipulated during the molding process to strengthen the areas of the cone that are normally weak. The result is rigidity throughout the cone that delivers accurate and efficient performance. The ability to manipulate the CFRP material during the molding process is currently exclusive to Alpine and the S-Series speakers. Alpine has three patent-pending procedures in support of this innovative manufacturing process.
Incredible Linearity And Accuracy
Alpine’s patented H.A.M.R. (High Amplitude Multi-Roll) surround is now found on the S-Series speakers. This proven technology increases excursion while maintaining accuracy and linearity. The multi-roll design allows for an even unfolding of the surround which creates incredible linearity and colorization rejection.
Smooth, Wide Frequency Response
The 1-inch silk dome is perfect for recreating pleasant upper range response without creating listening fatigue in the vehicle. The soft silk material ensures wide frequency response and durability for long term playback.
- Max RMS Power Capacity: 75W
- Peak Power Capacity: 230W
Car Toys thoughts on the Alpine S-S40
Alpine performance lives on in the S-S40 Speaker set. The 4” carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) woofer paired with the .75” silk dome tweeter deliver excellent definition and amazing sound clarity. These coaxial speakers are the perfect choice when replacing factory installed speakers.
|Product Name||Alpine S-S57 5x7 Inch Coaxial Speaker Set|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Manufacture's Warranty|
|Manufacture's Warranty 2||N/A|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic|
|Frequency Response||73Hz - 22kHz|
|RMS Power Handling (watts)||51-75|
|Peak Power Handling (watts)||201-250|
|Impedance (Ohms)||4 Ohm|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16"|