Note7 Customer Updates
Update as of October 11th:
Samsung, in partnership with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are continuing to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Samsung Galaxy Note7. Because customer safety remains our top priority, we have placed a stop sale on the Galaxy Note7 (V2). Customers who own an original Galaxy Note7 or a replacement Note7 are being asked to immediately power it down and bring it into their local Car Toys to return and/or purchase of a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.
Samsung Galaxy Note7 Return Details
• Customers may return their current Galaxy Note7 device and purchase a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories
• Customers may also obtain a refund
Safety Recall Resource Document
Please refer to this helpful resource document provided by Samsung with updated information about the Galaxy Note7 recall. This document provides specific details about:
• Latest updates
• Frequently asked questions
Please contact a Car Toys locations for more details.
Update as of September 15th:
Samsung has announced a voluntary recall and exchange program on certain Galaxy Note7 devices in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The affected devices were sold in the U.S. before September 15, 2016. Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, if you own a Galaxy Note7, it is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down and immediately exchange it using the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program. Through the exchange program, you can:
1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC available no later than September 21, 2016; or
2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices; or
3. Visit Car Toys to obtain a refund.
Please visit Samsung's website or your local Car Toys store to determine if your Note7 must be replaced through this program.
Initial Post on September 2nd:
Earlier today, Samsung announced that it has stopped sales globally of the Galaxy Note7. Car Toys has suspended sales of the device pending receipt of replacement inventory.
We are working closely with Samsung as they finalize details of their exchange program for the Note7, and we want to make sure Car Toys customers are taken care of as Samsung works to resolve this issue. Starting immediately, customers who are concerned about using the Note7 have these options:
1. Customers can, but are not required to return the Note7 for a full refund.
2. Customers can exchange the Note7 for a GS7 or GS7 edge
3. Customers can keep their Note7 and exchange for a new Note7 when new inventory arrives
Customers that participated in the Samsung Promotion (free 256GB Memory Card, Fit2, or Netflix) do not need to return promotional items with the Note7.