AT&T Next Phones
How AT&T Next® & AT&T Next Every Year℠ work
We divide the price of your smartphone into installment payments that are added to your monthly bill.
Choose your device
Well-qualified buyers can get the latest smartphones for $0 down and no finance fees; they only need to pay the sales tax first. Down payment options are also available.
Choose your installment plan
Select an option that best meets your needs and budget.
- AT&T Next: 30 monthly installments; eligible for upgrade with eligible trade-in when 80% of the full retail price is paid off (approximately 24 monthly installment payments). A 30% down payment may be required.
- AT&T Next Every Year: 24 monthly installments; eligible for upgrade with eligible trade-in when 50% of the full retail price is paid off (approximately 12 monthly installment payments). A 30% down payment may be required.
With any option you choose, you may lower your monthly payment by making a down payment.
Add your wireless service. Choose a qualifying plan with voice and data. If service is canceled, your installment agreement balance is due.
**If wireless service is canceled, your installment balance will be due.
Choose when to upgrade
- With either option you choose, you have three ways to upgrade:
- Early upgrade: After two months, you can trade in your phone or upgrade early with a lump sum payment that would make you upgrade eligible.+ The lump sum will be either 50% or 80% of the retail price of your phone.
- Reach upgrade: Pay your monthly installment payments until you reach upgrade eligible (either 50% or 80% of the retail price) with an eligible trade in.+
- Payoff: Finish paying off your monthly installment payments, keep your smartphone, and purchase a new one at any time.
+These upgrades require the trade-in of your financed smartphone (or one of same make and model) in fully functional and good physical condition and an eligible purchase of a new smartphone with qualifying service.
AT&T Next or AT&T Next Every Year: For smartphones only. Divides retail price into monthly installments. Requires 0% APR monthly installment agreement and eligible service. Tax due at sale. $0 down requires well-qualified credit or a 30% down-payment option is available. Pay more up front and the remainder of retail price is divided into 30 or 24 monthly installments. AT&T Next: 30-month agreement with trade-in to upgrade when 80% of retail price is paid off. AT&T Next Every Year: 24-month agreement with trade-in to upgrade when 50% of retail price is paid off. Service: Eligible postpaid service (voice and data) is required and extra. If service is canceled, remaining installment agreement balance is due. Examples: $749.99 retail price (1) on AT&T Next is $0 down and $25 per month or $225 down and $17.50 per month; or (2) on AT&T Next Every Year is $0 down and $31.25 per month or $225 down and $21.88 per month. Activation or upgrade fee: $20. No upgrade fee for line with a smartphone purchased on an installment agreement prior to August 1, 2015. Waiver of fee subject to change. Limits:Purchase limit applies. Upgrade with eligible trade-in: Requires payment of percentage of retail price (50% or 80%); account in good standing; trade-in of financed device (or one of the same make and model) in good physical, and fully functional, condition through the AT&T Next and AT&T Next Every Year trade-in program (excludes AT&T trade-in program); and purchase of new eligible smartphone with qualified wireless service. After upgrade, unbilled installments are waived. Restocking fee: Up to $35. General wireless service: Subject to wireless customer agreementatt.com/wca) or, for business/government customers, applicable wireless service agreement. Services are not for resale. Deposit: May be required. Device limits: Purchase limits apply and prices vary by location. Credit approval; restocking and other fees; monthly, overage, and other charges; usage; and other restrictions per line; may apply. Pricing and terms are subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice.Coverage and service not available everywhere. You get an off-net (roaming) usage allowance for each service. If you exceed the allowance, your services may be restricted or terminated. Other restrictions apply and may result in service termination.