JL Audio RD900/5
5-Channel Class D Amplifer 70 x 4 @ 4 Ω + 500 x 1 @ 2 Ω - 14.4V
Sleek and powerful, RD amplifiers deliver outstanding amplifier performance and versatility at an unprecedented value.
Developed in-house by the same engineering team that brought you the XDv2 and HD amplifiers, our latest RD amplifiers utilize JL Audio’s exclusive NexD™ switching technologies to generate loads of power with exceptional efficiency to reduce current draw and heat. Each model features a modern, industrial design with a high performance look and finish. For ease of installation and making adjustments, all connections are placed along one side of the amplifier with the controls on top, concealed beneath a removable protective cover.
Just like the XDv2 amplifiers, RD amps are equipped with studio-grade signal processing and automatic turn-on capabilities (via signal sensing and DC-offset sensing) for maximum flexibility. Differential-balanced inputs are also on-hand to combat noise and maximize compatibility with a wide range of signal types. Two brand new features have been added to simplify installation and set-up: easy-to-use LED clipping indicators streamline the input level setting process and stereo output channels include input type switches, eliminating the need for Y-adaptors when bridging.
5-Channel Class D System Amplifier, 70 x 4 @ 4 Ω + 500 x 1 @ 2 Ω - 14.4V
Crafted as an all-in-one, total system solution, the RD900/5 is engineered to power a complete audio system consisting of a subwoofer + four satellite system with 900 watts of high-performance sound. Equipped with our exclusive NexD™ switching technology, this complete power package efficiently generates a potent 70 watts of crystal-clear audio into 4 ohms, plus a robust 500 watts for a subwoofer system, all from a single compact chassis. Each pair of main channels is also fully bridgeable, stoutly producing 200 watts of full-range audio bliss (into 4 ohms), creating an ultra-powerful 3-channel amplifier.
Conveniently located on top of the RD900/5, you’ll find a complement of studio-grade signal processing features, all hidden beneath a removable protective cover. Each pair of main channels is equipped with a 12 dB / octave high-pass filter, with a dedicated low-pass filter for its subwoofer channel. All three crossovers offer continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, for precise filtering. Dual-range, differential-balanced inputs are also onboard, capable of accepting most input voltage levels, plus automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) for maximum versatility.
LED clipping indicators are also standard equipment for each channel section. This all-new, innovative feature lets you easily set your amplifier’s input sensitivity settings, quickly and accurately, with no special equipment needed. The RD900/5 features a durable, black powder-coated finish and a top-mounted, dual-color LED light strip that reports the overall status and condition. With the addition of an RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately), you can conveniently control the subwoofer’s output remotely from the driver’s seat.
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V
- Main Channels @ 4 Ω 70 W RMS x 4
- Main Channels @ 2 Ω 100 W RMS x 4
- Main Channels - Bridged @ 4Ω 200 W RMS x 2
- Subwoofer Channel @ 4 Ω 225 W RMS x 1
- Subwoofer Channel @ 3 Ω 325 W RMS x 1
- Subwoofer Channel @ 2 Ω 500 W RMS x 1
- Subwoofer Channel @ 1.5 Ω N/A
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V
- Main Channels @ 4 Ω 60 W RMS x 4
- Main Channels @ 2 Ω 90 W RMS x 4
- Main Channels - Bridged @ 4Ω 180 W RMS x 2
- Subwoofer Channel @ 4 Ω 200 W RMS x 1
- Subwoofer Channel @ 3 Ω 250 W RMS x 1
- Subwoofer Channel @ 2 Ω 350 W RMS x 1
- Subwoofer Channel @ 1.5 Ω N/A
- Frequency Response (Main Channels) 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Frequency Response (Subwoofer Channel) 10 Hz - 500 Hz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power (Main Channels) >104 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W >84 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω >150 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω >75 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power (Main Channels) <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- THD+N @ Rated Power (Subwoofer Channels) <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs Switchable from 200 mV - 2 V RMS (Low) to 800 mV - 8 V RMS (High)
- Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating 80 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Filter Mode(s): Channels 1 & 2 (front) High-Pass only
- Filter Slope(s): Channels 1 & 2 (front) 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: Channels 1 & 2 (front) 50 Hz - 500 Hz
- Filter Mode(s): Channels 3 & 4 (rear) High-Pass only
- Filter Slope(s): Channels 3 & 4 (rear) 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: Channels 3 & 4 50 Hz - 500 Hz
- Filter Mode(s): Subwoofer Channel Low-Pass only
- Filter Slope(s): Subwoofer Channel 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: Subwoofer Channel 50 Hz - 500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers No
- Filter Defeat Function No
- Infrasonic Filter: Subwoofer Channel No
- Remote Level Control Optional (RBC-1)
- Remote Level Modes Sub Ch.
- Channel Input Mode Switch Yes (2/4/6 ch.)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output No
- Source Channel Selection for PreOuts N/A
- Height (H) 2.13 in / 54 mm
- Width (W) 14.66 in / 372 mm
- Depth (D) 6.96 in / 177 mm
- Net Weight 6.15 lb / 2.79 kg