JL Audio 91569
PS650-VeX-SG-TMB-LDB 6.5-inch Enclosed Coaxial System with Titanium Sport Grilles
Enclosed Coaxial Speaker System, Matte Black, Titanium Sport Grilles with Blue LED Illumination (60 W, 4 Ω)
Ideal for powersports, marine and off-road vehicle applications, these enclosed speaker systems include high-performance, marine-grade coaxial speakers with silk dome tweeters housed in rugged, injection-molded enclosures to deliver clean, loud audio.
A rotating clamp receiver is included with each VeX™ pod to mate with an appropriate mounting fixture (sold separately) for mounting to a roll-cage, tower or tube structure, allowing precise aiming for optimum sound. Mounting fixtures (sold separately) are available in a variety of sizes to fit a wide range of pipe diameters.
Integrated into each Sport Grille’s frame is an internal LED lighting assembly, meticulously designed to uniformly illuminate the woofer’s cone area with a lively blue glow. A decorative, aluminum logo cap trims the rear of each pod, which can be oriented to match any mounting position. For convenience, ten feet of our 6-conductor, multifunction cable is included with each VeX™ pod for making speaker and illumination connections.
Although VeX™ pods can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, we recommend powering these systems with an amplifier capable of 60-100 W of continuous power per channel. For best results, use with a subwoofer.
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this system is weatherproof and built to deliver years of listening enjoyment.
Sold as a pair.
Need help determining the correct Pipe-Mounting Clamp for your installation?
Download the VeX Pipe-Mounting Clamp Ruler.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 60 W
- Peak Music Power 225 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS) 20 - 125 W / Ch.
- System Efficiency 89.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 100 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
Enclosure Diameter (A) 7.02 in / 179 mm
Enclosure Depth (B) 6.12 in / 156 mm
Height including Mounting Clamp Receiver* (C) 7.27 in / 185 mm
Mounting Clamp Receiver / Enclosure Offset (D) 0.20 in / 5 mm
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
Q-Fog Chamber UV Chamber
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.