iSimple SatWire™ Expand Your Factory Radio with SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
In addition to giving you the ability to upgrade your factory radio with iPod docking, the iSimple®
GateWay™ can also be upgraded with a SIRIUS satellite radio tuner thanks to the PXAMGSR. This cable
allows the GateWay module to connect to a SIRIUS SCC1 satellite tuner (sold separately). Once
installed, you’ll enjoy full command of your iPod or iPhone – as well as the SCC1 tuner - directly
through their vehicle’s original radio controls.
- Connects SIRIUS tuner to the iSimple GateWay
- Provides control of the SCC1 satellite tuner through your factory radio
- Station, artist and song data appear on radio screen (when supported)
- Professional installation and firmware update required
- iSimple GateWay needed for installation
- SIRIUS SCC1 tuner sold separately
Technical Information - Important Application Notes
The iSimple SatWire allows an iSimple GateWay to be upgraded with a SIRIUS SCC-1 satellite
radio tuner. The SCC-1 is sold separately at most mobile audio and electronics retailers. When
installing the iSimple SatWire into ANY vehicle you MUST update the GateWay module with the latest
The iSimple SatWire CAN NOT be used with the iSimple NuRadio HD HD Radio tuner. This means
that you can not plug the SatWire into the NuRadio HD. You may add the HD Radio and SIRIUS radio
upgrades to the same GateWay module, but you will lose all iPod docking capability.
Vehicle Specific Notes
Ford/ Lincoln /Mercury Vehicles
- Dipswitch number 2 MUST be on in order for the SSC-1 to be recognized
- In 2009, Ford made a mid-year change of the model radio installed in a handful of its vehicles.
- Therefore, the following vehicles may not support the iSimple SatWire:
- 2009 Ford Focus
- 2009 Ford Escape
- 2009 Mercury Mariner
When installing, the factory-installed satellite tuner must be disconnected if you wish for preset text
to display on the radio’s information screen