|What is Directed SmartStart?
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keyring, or finding yourself out
of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can
remote start or lock and unlock your car just by pushing a button on your Android smartphone; using
the popular Directed SmartStart apps from Directed Electronics, the leader in vehicle security and
The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Directed
remote start or security/remote start system:
You can also control multiple vehicles – great for families! – and assign more than one user to control a
vehicle. It's easy with SmartStart!
What's new for Directed SmartStart 2.2?
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Panic or car finder
SmartStart GPS – When combined with the new Directed SmartStart GPS module, you can locate your
car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if
your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
Home Control – Now you can also control your home security system with Directed SmartStart!
New service plans:
Premium GPS plans unlock SmartFence, HotSpot and Scheduling features. Note: These features will not
be fully active on Android smartphones until the next App version (2.2.1) which will be released shortly.
New Directed SmartStart module:
- GPS Secure (1-year) - $69.99 up front (that's only $5.83 per month!)
- GPS Premium Secure (1-year) - $89.99 up front (that's only $7.50 per month!)
- GPS Secure (3-year) - $179.99 up front. (that's only $5.00 per month! A $29.98 SAVINGS!)
- GPS Premium Secure (3-year) - $239.99 up front. (that's only $6.67 per month! A $29.98
DSM250 The DSM250 is our brand-new next generation SmartStart module – with GPS built-in!
Learn more about SmartStart GPS and the new verson 2.2 app!
What's new for Directed SmartStart 2.0?
New lower prices:
Now complete systems start at just $399 MSRP, and you can add SmartStart to most Directed systems
for just $299 MSRP.
SmartStart Motor Club – Free 24/7/365 roadside assistance is included with all SmartStart Secure
service plans. That's a $79/year value included at no additional charge.
Smart Alerts – Customers receive a text message to their smartphone if their alarm triggers (with
compatible security systems)*.
New service plans:
New SmartStart systems:
- SmartStart Secure 1-Year service plan, for $49.99 up front.
- SmartStart Secure 3-Year service plan, for $119.99 up front.
- SmartStart Motor Club is included at no charge with all SmartStart Secure service plans.**
Standard Directed SmartStart features
- CS3000 complete Clifford SmartStart remote start system, $399 MSRP.
- CS5000 complete Clifford SmartStart security and remote start system, $599 MSRP.
- PS3000 complete Python SmartStart remote start system, $399 MSRP.
- PS5000 complete Python SmartStart security and remote start system, $599 MSRP.
- DSM200 Directed SmartStart module. Now compatible with virtually ALL Directed ESP2 security and
remote start systems – ask your installer if your existing Directed system is SmartStart-ready!
2-Way confirmation of commands received at vehicle.
Smart Alerts sent via text messaging (SMS).
Security alert messages (for security/RS or security systems only)
Error messages if command not executed at vehicle (all Directed systems)
Vehicle personalization – add a picture or change the name.
Dealer locator – find the nearest dealer quickly and easily using the Find a Dealer tool.
App passcode protection
Button confirmation sounds
* Smart Alerts requires addition of your smartphone number and carrier information to your account
details. You will be able to do this yourself very soon by logging in at www.mysmartstart.com. If you
would like to add Smart Alerts now, please send an e-mail with your account name, mobile phone
number (the phone you wish to receive Smart Alerts on) and carrier (Verizon, Sprint, Rogers, etc.) to
email@example.com and we'll take care of that for you.
** Existing SmartStart 1.0 users can also add SmartStart Motor Club coverage by upgrading their
existing service plan to SmartStart Secure level. Please log in at www.mysmartstart.com using your
existing SmartStart user name and password for more details on upgrading your service plan and
adding SmartStart Motor Club.