JL Audio M770-CCS-SG-WH
M-Series 7.7-inch Marine Cockpit Component System for Infinite-Baffle Use (100 W, 4 Ω) - White Sport Grille SKU 91750
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M-Series component systems deliver maximum audio performance in any open-air boating environment.
The oversized 7.7-inch design of the M770-CCS component woofer results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). Combine that advantage with long excursion and excellent power handling and you have a speaker system truly capable of playing loud and clear in a powerboat at speed. The M770-CCS component woofer is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). If you need a system with a 7.7-inch component woofer that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M770-TCS, instead.
To keep up with the capabilities of the component woofer, we employ a 1-inch pure silk dome tweeter that is specially treated to withstand the marine environment. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. You will appreciate the clean, articulate high-frequency response of the M-Series dome tweeter, especially at higher volume levels.
A true 2-way passive crossover network is sealed in a protective capsule and mounted to the woofer's frame so that it does not require additional mounting provisions.
Although M770-CCS Component Systems can be used with as little as 40 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-150W of continuous power per channel.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 100 W
- Peak Music Power 225 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS) 40 - 175 W / Ch.
- System Efficiency 91.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 45 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
Woofer Physical Specifications
- Frame Outer Diameter (A) 7.70 in / 196 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (B) 6.92 in / 176 mm
- Motor Outer Diameter (C) 4.41 in / 112 mm
- Frontal Grille Protrusion* (D) 0.99 in / 25 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (E) 6.25 in / 159 mm
- Mounting Depth (F) 3.15 in / 80 mm
*Frontal grille protrusion measured from mounting surface
Tweeter Physical Specifications
- Flush Mount Fixture Diameter (A) 2.38 in / 60 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 1.875 in / 48 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Depth (C) 0.70 in / 18 mm
- Surface Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (D) 2.44 in / 62 mm
- Surface Mount Protrusion (E) 1.02 in / 26 mm
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- Injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Precision Built in U.S.A.
JL Audio's Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the most advanced in the world.
At a time when most audio products are built overseas, JL Audio’s commitment to in-house loudspeaker production continues to grow. All W7’s, W6’s, TW5’s, TW3's, TW1's, W3v3’s and some of our ZR products. We also build our Marine Speaker Systems, Home Subwoofers, Stealthbox® products and the vast majority of our enclosed subwoofer systems in Florida.
To pull this off in a competitive world market, our production engineering team has created one of the world’s most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities. This commitment to state-of-the-art technology allows our highly skilled workforce to efficiently build JL Audio products to extremely high quality standards.
While it is also feasible to build good quality products overseas (and we do build some of our products in Europe and Asia), it can be challenging when the product’s technology is innovative or complex. Since most of our premium loudspeakers incorporate proprietary, patented technologies requiring specific assembly techniques, we prefer that the people who design them have close access to the people manufacturing them.