Recipient of a 2008 CES Innovations Award, the iSimple GateWay™ is the first interface ever to bring the iPod™, HD Radio™ broadcasting, Satellite Radio and many other portable media products into the vehicle.
The iSimple GateWay™ directly connects your iPod to your radio allowing you to browse your music, by Artist, Album, Genre, and Playlist from the radio controls. This direct connection eliminates the need for noisy FM modulated solutions and also keeps the iPods internal battery charged.
The iSimple GateWay™ brings the power of HD Radio broadcasting with the help of the HD Radio Tuner (HDRT). Available separately, the HDRT gives users more channels, more content, in exciting new formats—all with no subscription fees.
The iSimple GateWay™ can also be expanded with an SCC1 Satellite Radio tuner (sold seperately) or with the iSimple BluStream Bluetooth Interface (Select Vehicles).
The iSimple GateWay™ allows connection of any two devices at once: iPod cable, AUX cable, SCC1 Satellite Tuner (sold seperately), HD Radio Tuner (sold seperately) or Bluetooth module.
- PXAMG GateWay Interface
- ISPDC11 iPod Cable
- Auxiliary Input Cable
- Vehicle Specific Harness
Keeps the Factory Radio Intact – Plug-and-play interface eliminates the need to replace the factory radio, maintaining the vehicle’s original look and feel.
Saves Time and Money – Cutting-edge technology and compact size provide huge advantages over buying and installing a new stereo with similar capabilities.
In Most Applications Retains Original Vehicle Features – Advanced capabilities retain and all safety and convenience features tied to the factory system.i.e.OEM Satellite, Rear Seat Entertainment, and CD changers (please check vehicle compatibility notes)
Provides Multiple Entertainment Options – Additional auxiliary input connects MP3 players, satellite radio tuners, DVD players, navigation systems and other portable media to the vehicle.
Delivers Digital-Quality Audio – Direct connection to the factory radio ensures static-free, crystal-clear sound from the iPod and many other portable media devices.
Enables All iPod Features and Functions from the iPod and the Radio – iPod Interface displays information and provides iPod control from both the iPod and the radio.
Works with Multiple Applications – USB connection allows the iSimple GateWay™ to be continually updated with downloadable firmware to work with the latest applications.
- Vehicle MUST be either equipped with, or have the ability to support Satellite Radio HD Radio support requires the purchase of the HDRT (sold separately)
- Aftermarket Satellite Radio support requires the purchase of the ISSR11 & an SCC1 tuner (both sold separately, Canadian SCC-1C is not supported)
- Radios that are equipped with an internal satellite tuner DO NOT support an auxiliary input or aftermarket satellite radio through the ISFD571. The factory auxiliary input & satellite radio will be retained but you CAN NOT add these features with the PXAMG.
- Not compatible with vehicles that have a radio with an internal SAT tuner and are not equipped with SYNC
- 2011+ models equipped with Navigation Radios are not compatible
- In 2009 Ford changed the radios in the following vehicles halfway through the year from having an external satellite radio tuner to having an internal satellite radio tuner. These vehicles will not be able to support an Auxiliary input or aftermarket Satellite radio through the ISFD571: Ford Focus Ford Escape Mercury Mariner
- Non-navigation radios must have an "AUX, "Sirius" or "SAT" button to be compatible
If your iPod or iPhone is not compatible with the supplied cable, please use the ISPDC12 which allows you to use your favorite iPod or iPhone USB cable.
Vehicle Specific Notes 2009+ Mazda Tribute: The radio in these vehicles may be equipped with an internal satellite tuner with no distinguishing marks on the face of the radio. If the radio has a yellow satellite antenna plugged into the back, the satellite tuner is internal and the PXAMG is not compatible.