JL Audio 98103
OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ
8-ch. Inputs / 4-ch. Stereo + 2 Subwoofer RCA Outputs
The FiX™ 86 is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver outstanding sound from factory source units, while retaining OEM fader control. Unlike typical OEM interface products, the FiX™ 86 automatically corrects time-delayed factory outputs prior to signal summing and EQ correction. Calibration takes just a single button press and about 30 seconds to complete, with no special equipment needed.
With a powerful 24-bit DSP processor and quad 1/3 octave equalizers onboard, complex factory signals, up to 3-way front and 2-way rear, are combined and level matched automatically into six, full-range stereo signals: Front (fader-controlled), Rear (fader-controlled) and Subwoofer (non-fading, front+rear summed) outputs. Differential-balanced inputs accept virtually any OEM analog audio signal, from low-voltage, line-level to highpower, amplified speaker-level outputs (up to 30V RMS).
Activation methods include 12-volt or Auto Turn-On (Signal/DC-Offset Sensing) to trigger a dedicated remote turn-on output for aftermarket equipment. An optional DRC-100 or DRC-200 Digital Remote Controller (sold separately) adds Master Volume Control, Subwoofer Level Control and preserves hands-free calling features, all from the driver’s seat.
Achieving great sound from your factory stereo has never been easier, or sounded better... Now with fader retention and subwoofer output!
- Power Supply Type: Regulated DC-DC SMPS
- Input Operating Voltage: 10 - 16 VDC
- Standby Current Draw: <1.5 mA
- Operating Current Draw: 0.7 A
- Recommended Fuse Value: 1 A
- Input Channels: Eight
- Input Type: Differential-Balanced
- Input Voltage Range: 250 mV - 30 V RMS
- Minimum Input Voltage: 10 mV RMS
- Input Level Setting: Fully automatic
- Output Channels: Six (Front/Rear/Sub Output Pairs)
- Analog Output: Unbalanced, stereo RCA jacks
- Digital Output: N/A
- Output Impedance: 450 Ω
- S/N Ratio: 96 dB (A-Weighted, referred to 4V RMS Output)
- THD+N @ Rated Output: 0.02% (20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Audio Resolution: 24 bit / 48 kHz
- Number of EQ Bands: 30 x 2 channels
- EQ Resolution: 1/3 octave (25 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Remote Level Control: Optional (DRC-100 or DRC-200)
- Remote Level Functions: Master Volume Control, Handsfree Optimization, LED Status Reporting (DRC-200 adds Subwoofer Level Control)
- Height (H): 1.85 in / 47 mm
- Width (W): 4.29 in / 109 mm
- Depth (D): 6.14 in / 156 mm
- Net Weight: 2.58 lb / 1.17 kg