JL Audio C2-525x
Coaxial Speaker System: 5.25" (130 mm) Woofer, 0.75-inch (19 mm) Silk Dome Tweeter
The Evolution C2 systems deliver sparkling high-frequency detail, smooth mid-range and powerful mid-bass, thanks to real silk dome tweeters and precision-engineered woofer designs.
The C2-525x system features 5.25-inch (130 mm) woofers with mineral-filled polypropylene cones, long excursion capabilities and stamped steel frames. The woofer design benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
Tweeters are coaxially mounted and built with 0.75-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver smooth, extended response, on and off axis. The small size of the C2 tweeter minimizes tweeter protrusion, allowing C2 coaxials to fit behind most factory speaker grilles.
Speaker grilles are included, each consisting of a black grille tray with satin silver accents and a black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo.
Sonic character: Clean and Dynamic
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 60 W
- Peak Music Power 225 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS) 15 - 100 W / Ch.
- System Efficiency 89.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 63 Hz - 22 KHz ± 3 dB
Coaxial Physical Specifications
- Frame Outer Diameter* (A) 5.20 in / 132 mm
- Grille Tray Outer Diameter (B) 6.01 in / 153 mm
- Motor Outer Diameter (C) 2.76 in / 70 mm
- Frontal Coaxial Tweeter Protrusion** (D) 0.46 in / 12 mm
- Frontal Grille Protrusion*** (E) 0.72 in / 18 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (F) 4.56 in / 116 mm
- Mounting Depth (G) 2.50 in / 64 mm
*Does not take into account mounting tabs
**Frontal coaxial tweeter protrusion measured from mounting surface
***Frontal grille protrusion measured from mounting surface
Silk Dome Tweeter
Light, fast moving silk dome material promotes high-frequency accuracy.
Silk is a natural material with inherently good characteristics as a tweeter diaphragm. In addition to being very light in weight, silk exhibits excellent damping properties, which reduces ringing and resonances in the tweeter’s passband, leading to a smooth, pleasing high-frequency character free from unnatural sibilance or exaggerated brightness. Compared to a harder material dome, a silk tweeter does not exhibit as much ultra-high frequency extension, but is preferred by many audiophiles for its overall balance.