MX-Series Oversized 7.7-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use (70 W, 4 Ω) - White Classic Grille
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, MX-Series coaxial systems deliver excellent performance at a more affordable price than our maximum-performance M-Series models.
The oversized 7.7-inch design of the MX770-CCX results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). This gives them the ability to play louder and cleaner at high volumes than smaller speakers.
The woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance.
A 0.75-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics.
Although MX770-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-100 W of continuous power per channel.
Sold as a pair.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 70 W
- Peak Music Power 225 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.) 20 - 150 W
- System Efficiency 90.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω System
- Frequency Response 45 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
Coaxial Physical Specifications
- Frame Outer Diameter (A) 7.70 in / 196 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (B) 6.92 in / 176 mm
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter (C) 4.27 in / 108 mm
- Frontal Grille Protrusion* (D) 1.00 in / 25 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (E) 6.25 in / 159 mm
- Mounting Depth (F) 3.15 in / 80 mm
*Frontal grille protrusion measured from mounting surface